Chandigarh University is a private university located in Mohali near Chandigarh. It was established in 2012 by the Punjab State Legislature. It falls under the UGC Act and has the right to hand out degrees. It is an ‘A+’ NAAC accredited university that recently became the first university in India for filing the highest number of patents. Each year the Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is conducted for admission of students in various branches of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Chandigarh University has more than 200 courses to offer. The undergraduate programs consist of Engineering, Computing, Sciences, Agricultural Science, Architecture Design and Planning, Arts, Business Management, Legal Studies, Hotel Management, Animation & Film Production & Visual Arts, Education, Journalism and Mass Communication, Applied Health Sciences, Pharma Sciences, Biotechnology, Design, Study Abroad Programs, Commerce, Industry Sponsored Programs, Industry Sponsored Study Abroad Programs.
The postgraduate programs include Engineering, Computing, Sciences, Architecture Design and Planning, Arts, Business Management, Legal Studies, Animation & Film Production & Visual Arts, Education, Journalism and Mass Communication, Applied Health Sciences, Pharma Sciences, Biotechnology, Commerce, Industry Sponsored Programs. Chandigarh University also provides lateral entry programs in Engineering, Applied Health Sciences, Pharma Sciences, and Industry Sponsored Programs. Apart from this, the university also offers doctorate programs.
Chandigarh University Courses
The university has a vast number of courses to offer, starting from Engineering to Management. The top 5 Chandigarh University courses are as follows:
- Computer Science/ Information Technology: With a whopping 35LPA as the highest package in 2020-21, the Computer Science branch tops the list of engineering courses. It is one of the most sought after courses of the university, and the seats quickly fill up. A total of 122 companies visited last year and selected 2030 candidates.
- Civil/ Petroleum/ Chemical Engineering: Next in the line comes Civil Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, and Chemical Engineering. The demand for these courses is also very high. The last year saw 178 students getting placed in 35 companies. The highest package offered was 15LPA.
- Management: The Management courses include Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA). These courses are popular because of the rising placement trends over the past few years. More than 200 companies selected over 475 students in the last year. The highest package offered was 14LPA.
- Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering: One of the popular courses include Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering. 37 companies visited the campus in the last year and selected 628 students. The highest package offered was 10LPA.
- Mechanical/ Mechatronics/ Aerospace/ Automobile Engineering: The demand for Mechanical and Automobile Engineering is always rising due to industrialisation. Advanced machinery and automated manufacturing units require a skilled workforce. Thus, the demand for these courses never fades out. The Chandigarh University placements in 2019 included 115 companies from this sector. 530 students got selected. The highest package offered was 9LPA.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown, Chandigarh University has emerged as one of the top institutes to have effectively organised online and virtual campus placements. There has been a constant growth in the number of recruiter companies since March 2019, when it was just 24. In April, it became 37. It rose to 68 in May, 105 in June, 150 in July, and a massive 182 in August. The average package of Chandigarh University placements varies from 4LPA to 15LPA or more.
Chandigarh University is no doubt one of the best universities at present. It has more than 200 courses to offer in various fields of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs. It offers a futuristic approach to its teaching methods. With so many placements during the Covid-19 lockdown, the university can be called a pioneer in online or virtual placements.
Check out Chandigarh University offered courses, cutoff, placements, fees & admissions process at https://www.shiksha.com/university/chandigarh-university-45668